Precast concrete construction
Precast concrete elements are cast in a mould and cured in a controlled environment (factory) and then transported to the building site for erection.
Advantages of precast concrete
- Production in controlled environment results in high quality precast units.
- Repetition of standard precast elements will lead to cost reduction.
- Plastering on precast walls and floor slabs is not needed because of smooth finishing.
- Production can continue in any weather condition.
- Better health and safety standards compared to conventional construction methods.
- Project can be better planned, managed and controlled. High speed can be achieved.
- Fast construction, less manpower required on site, and no shuttering required on site.
- Door and window frames can be installed in the wall panels before erection.
- Electricity conduits, pipes and boxes can be embedded in the precast panels.
- Large span floor system leads to more flexibility as internal columns are avoided.
- Thin precast walls and façade panels increase the carpet area.
- Precast concrete is a durable material which requires less maintenance.
- Precise reinforcing during prefabrication saves steel.
- Precise consumption of all material used.
- Precast plant at site can reduce transportation distance and increase speed of erection.
Daiden Engineering and Precast Concrete
At Daiden Engineering India Pvt. Ltd. we are specialized in the design and detailing of precast concrete building structures. In our office in India we are capable of handling the design and detailing of large scale precast concrete projects for the residential, commercial and industrial building sectors.